This is where you can help. When Dragon Warriors was re-released by Magnum Opus Press, it found a devoted but unfortunately rather tiny market among longtime DW fans who were loyal enough to want to own deluxe hardback editions of the books. And God bless you Legend players, every one. But we're not following that niche strategy with Fabled Lands. That's why we didn't publish new edition FL as expensive hardbacks for hardcore fans. In real terms, the 2nd edition FL books are actually about 20% cheaper than the original 1995 editions. We wanted them to be affordable so that they can attract a whole new bunch of readers - not only adult fans of the original books, but a whole new generation of players also. The iPad and paper-&-pencil RPGs will build on this.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- If you already own the original books then you probably don't want to buy them all over again. But have you got friends who are into fantasy adventure games? Give the books as gifts.
- If you got the FL books as scanned PDFs - well, shame on you :) but we're still glad to have you as a fan, and now you can atone by buying legit copies.
- We need reviews! Fabled Lands has built up an impressive star rating on Amazon over the years, but a new edition sets the counter to zero. So you can help out by getting a review up there. (And thanks Alberto, Matthew, James and A.Seegert - your early reviews are really appreciated!)
- Listmania works too. Create a list of your favorite books on Amazon - "10 great role-playing gamebooks" or "10 fantasy classics" or whatever. Including FL books on your lists raises their profile.
- If you have a blog of your own, post a link. If you don't, pester the blogs you regularly read with news of the FL 2nd edition.
- Tweet about us. Maybe mention a cool thing that happened to you during an FL adventure - that's a great hook to get new readers to take a look.