Gamebook store

Friday 13 September 2013

Listen up

AudioGo have just released two BBC audiobooks in the Dark Lord series. These aren't just written by Jamie, they're narrated by him too. Normally you'd have to be 9 years old and go to a posh school to get the chance of having Jamie come in and do all the voices for you (which are brilliantly funny btw - well worth the school fees) but now the books are available to hoi polloi to download for the cost of a double whopper, cheese and a Coke. Which is where Jamie is heading on the bus there. Ding ding.

4 comments:

  1. Crikey, Jamie looks smart in that photo.

    What with commuting and jogging, I get through a surprising amount of podcasts and audiobooks. I'll have to check out the Dirk Lloyd books.

    In other news, Amazon sent me an email this morning to recommend Fabled Lands books 5 and 6. How well they know me (based on my previous purchases). They've also correctly guessed that I... ahem... haven't actually bought the reprints of books 5 and 6. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They recommend those books to me every week, Paul.

      Jamie is usually not much smarter than I am, but that was the day of Frank's wedding (Franklin Johnson Jr, that is, the main investor in Fabled Lands LLP).

      Delete
  2. I notice the AudioGo site have added a 'p' to 'Thomson'. Naughty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is what happens when websites don't hire subs. The p in Thomson pales beside grocer's apostrophe, "their" when they mean "there", and so on. But don't get me started. The gleefully ignorant love to refer to "grammar Nazis" - just wait till they encounter grammar Spartans.

      Delete