Gamebook store

Thursday 16 November 2023

When life gives you limes...

Few people have done more to keep the gamebook flame burning than Stuart Lloyd, whose blog Lloyd of Gamebooks continues to feature top-notch news, ideas and design tips. And once a year the cherry on the cake is the Lindenbaum Prize, a competition that Stuart co-runs with Peter Agapov of Augmented Reality Adventure Games to find the new gamebooks pushing the medium forward into fresh territory.

Everything you need to know about this year's Lindenbaum Prize is right here. Entries open on December 6 and run through to February 20. Better get planning.

4 comments:

  1. Is there any news on The Ravages of Hate Kickstarter, Dave, or Stuart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, Andy, I'd forgotten Stuart was even planning a Kickstarter for the book. If I hear anything I'll be sure to do a post about it.

      Delete
    2. Ooh, interest! I had a very helpful reader send some proofing comments, which I need to work on. I'll see if I can do it in the new year. At the moment Lindenbaum and SCRAWL take up all of my time, but even SCRAWL can't get any bigger right now. So probably 2024 some point.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Stuart, keep us posted.

      You'll have to enlighten me on SCRAWL. It sounds like a programming language. I was also going to say the potential title of a psychological horror film, but when I put the name into google just now, I found it actually is.

      Delete