Gamebook store

Wednesday 24 August 2022

Tetsubo monogatari

If you've been following the Tetsubo saga, you'll remember that I made an effort to update it for release during lockdown after the licence to Grim & Perilous Studios had lapsed. But other projects got in the way, not least of those being the Vulcanverse books, so I had to shelve Tetsubo for a while. And just as well, because several people pointed out that the new version of the game that I was writing was not the version that anybody was waiting for.

Luckily the solution was at hand. Jason Duff of Earl of Fife Games got in touch with a proposal to take on the Tetsubo licence and integrate it with his Heroes & Hardships rule system. Jason says:
"I am excited to see Tetsubō finally come to life in 2023. And equally excited that it is for Heroes & Hardships, which I have dedicated years to develop. My long term goal was to always support Heroes & Hardships with various settings, and Tetsubō is a perfect first major release for our system. I am eager for the challenge of making Tetsubō an authentic Sengoku Jidai setting with inspirations from Japanese mythology that will set it apart from any similar roleplaying game on the market today. For those interested in the core rulebook, please check out our Kickstarter page."
Jamie and I are delighted that Tetsubo finally seems to be on course to appear in a version that will satisfy everyone who has been waiting for it as well as (we hope) a whole new slew of players. Keep an eye on Earl of Fife Games' website for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment