A few bits of news. First, if you haven't been following the design updates on the Blood Sword CRPG from Prime Games then you're missing a real masterclass in how to create interesting rules mechanics. Fix that, starting here.
Second, I just ordered a copy of The Crowd & The Court, a roleplaying supplement that chucks out alignment and shows how to create believable NPCs behaving credibly. As an advocate for culture gaming and a lifelong adversary of alignment rules, of course I was hooked.
And lastly, Grim Jim Desborough will soon release his Japanese RPG Stray Crows (video above, website here). I'm still planning to release Tetsubo, which was originally designed around Warhammer but will now come in two flavours, one using Paul Mason's Outlaws rules (as in the outlaws of the Water Margin), and the other (龍の武士) using Dragon Warriors. But that's taken me thirty years already, so we can thank Amaterasu that Grim has beaten me to it.
Come back tomorrow, when the Muse will be telling us about that man of many ways and wiles, the ever-resourceful, city-conquering Odysseus, king of Ithaka.
No comments:
Post a Comment