Gamebook store

Thursday, 20 August 2026

A Fun Guy From Yuggoth


It's H.P. Lovecraft's 136th birthday, so here's a little song he might have enjoyed. (He was tickled by "Yes! We Have No Bananas" in his own Latin translation, so I think I'm justified in saying that.) Here are the lyrics if you want to sing along:

Greetings from the fourth dimension.
(Hush now, keep the tension)
Just a chap with simple needs,
Sown from prehistoric seeds.
No need for alarm, no need for fuss.
I only want to be like us!

I'm just a fun guy from Yuggoth!
A fungal star in your orbit!
A little spore, a little damp,
A cosmic glow beneath your lamp.
Don't mind the shadows on the wall.
I've come to bloom and stand quite tall.
I've come to bloom and stand quite tall.

I love the drizzle and the fog.
(It's marvelous for the mycelial log.)
I've brought some geometries
To plant among the garden trees
Just a quirky hobby, don't you see?
Building shrines for entity!

I'm just a fun guy from Yuggoth!
A fungal star in your orbit!
A little spore, a little damp,
A cosmic glow beneath your lamp.
Don't mind the shadows on the wall.
I've come to bloom and stand quite tall.
I've come to bloom and stand quite tall.

The mind is soft, the brain is bright
(Soft and bright...)
A lovely snack for fungal night.
I'll take your cortex, save your soul
(Save your soul...)
In a lovely canister, whole!

I'm just a fun guy from Yuggoth!
A fungal star in your orbit!
A little spore, a little damp!
A cosmic glow beneath your lamp!
Don't mind the shadows on the wall!
I've come to bloom and stand quite tall!
I've come to bloom and stand quite tall!

And if a Mi-Go is your preferred amigo, the full-colour paperback of Dagon Warriors is still on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment