Gamebook store

Friday 8 September 2023

An irresistible fate, a wyrd...


Good news today if you've been following the progress of the Blood Sword 5e roleplaying game published by Tambù. The Italian edition came out last year and it is a thing of exquisite beauty, incorporating Russ Nicholson's original illustrations into a design that includes new full-colour maps and paintings.

The book is an adaptation of the entire Blood Sword gamebook series as an RPG campaign compatible with specially designed 5e rules. If I could read Italian I'd have been tempted to run the campaign myself, and I haven't played D&D since the 1970s.

The rest of the world has been waiting for translations. The Tambù team report that they have just completed the English translation and expect to be shipping copies out to Kickstarter backers from October. I'm told that all backers should have their copies by Christmas, and next year hopefully the book will be on sale to anyone who missed the campaign first time round. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself.

There's some even bigger Blood Sword news on its way, but I have to keep that under wraps for the time being. Let's just say it'll be as if all the Magi rose into the sky at once. In a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment