Gamebook store

Thursday 21 April 2022

Set out on a journey of fabulous adventure


The Fabled Lands CRPG has been on early access for a while now, but in just a few weeks you'll be able to buy the full release in all its glory. Initially the game will feature all the content from The War-Torn Kingdom, Cities of Gold & Glory, The Plains of Howling Darkness, and The Court of Hidden Faces. The plan is to add Over the Blood-Dark Sea and Lords of the Rising Sun as DLCs later in the year -- and after that, who knows? Possibly all-new FL adventures if the 23,000 people who have wishlisted the CRPG all buy it. Find it on Steam here.

If paper-&-pencil games are more your thing, this is a good opportunity to mention the Lyonesse RPG based on the fantasy novels by Jack Vance. I contributed to the book but it's the work of divers hands, all of them very talented and with the forceful gust of Vance's imagination to fill their creative sails. Video reviewer Pauli Kidd gives a good idea of what to expect:


Find out more on The Design Mechanism's website.

7 comments:

  1. I'm just finishing reading through the Lyonesse RPG book. The description of the Ten Kingdoms is particularly good and makes me want to reread the novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often reread books, but the Lyonesse novels are an exception. Btw I wrote a couple of those regional descriptions. I won't say which in case anybody wants to guess.

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking and I want a opinion

    Which of the following 2 do people think would make a better cross-over RPG that's A Hybrid of Mister Morris and Mr Thompsons 2 best, in my opinion, Gamebook Series's

    Would it be A RPG set in The world of The Fabled Lands Books that use's The Rules from The Vulcanverse Books?

    Or would it be A RPG set in The world of The Vulcanverse Books that use's The Rules from The Fabled Lands Books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reviewed the game in the Swedish ttrpg magazine Fenix and gave it 16 out of 20. It would be nice to own the dead tree version, though. As for the novels I've only read the first one and I really, really liked it. Such an amazing blend of a modern mind and a traditional fairy tale way of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were stranded on the proverbial desert island with the complete works of Jack Vance then I wouldn't mind if I was never rescued. Of course, I'd also need electricity, air con, a water purification plant, etc.

      Delete
    2. Vance is next on my completion list, Dave. Unfortunately, that's put the rest of Vulcanverse back a year or so!

      Delete
    3. Everything should take a back seat to Jack Vance, Andy!

      Delete