Gamebook store

Thursday 30 May 2024

Snake charmer

Big news for Fabled Lands fans: Prime Games have released of the expansion pack for The Serpent King's Domain. Paul Gresty's expansive and ingeniously plotted adventure is now available for players of the FL CRPG. The new DLC includes 180 new items, 34 new achievements, a huge expansion to the explorable world, along with the following:

  • 17 new quests
  • 4 new titles 
  • 48 new enemies
  • 6 new music tracks

There's also new markets, new weapons, new rules (including heat penalties for heavy armour in the jungle), new kinds of blessing and much more. Don't take my word for it -- all the details are here.

8 comments:

  1. Curious whether you would ever consider doing vulcanverse as an app like the FLapp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie and I own the text and the rights to the story, but the Vulcan Forged company own the rights to the world, so we'd need to arrange something with them. I'd like them to develop it as a CRPG but they have too many other projects already.

      Delete
  2. That is awesome news! I'm neck deep in exam season at the moment, but I'm definitely going to do some FL playing over the summer!
    Also, coincidentally, I recently had a memory of the snake charmer incident from Catchphrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Googled it but I still don't really get it...

      Delete
    2. Basically, they removed the right bits of the picture to make it look like Mr Chips was doing something to himself. The audiences' minds were in the gutter.

      Delete
    3. There's a lot I miss by not having broadcast TV..!

      Delete
  3. Prime Games did a REALLY good job with this game. It's one of my faves. It's too bad Vulcanverse is owned by somebody else, because I'd love for Prime to adapt that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to be working on something new with Prime Games before too long. Watch this space.

      Delete